Wednesday, July 07, 2010

A Nice Cool Breakfast Treat

We can thank Ree from The Pioneer Woman for this great, cool summer treat. This morning I was wondering what to have for breakfast since it was so hot already and nothing seemed appealing. So, I took her suggestion from a tweet I saw this morning and had this. So incredibly delicious!

I took about 4-5 heaping tablespoons of soup cream and mixed in about 2 teaspoons of sugar. You know, there was no measuring... so use your best judgment!

You could also use brown sugar and cinnamon with apple slices or fresh peaches, since peach season is almost here. (And how exciting is that?)

We ate ours with fresh, organic, locally grown strawberries. It was so fresh and yummy and perfect for this heat wave. Even the picture cools you off, huh?

And speaking of locally grown fruits, I'm visiting a new farmers' market in my area tomorrow afternoon and I'll be blogging about it later this week! Check back here for more info and maybe a few sneak peek pictures!

Have a great day!

No comments: