Friday, January 16, 2009

Seven Things

Brenda at Phydeaux Designs tagged me! She wants me to share seven random things about myself that readers might not already know... Read on and then go and visit her beautiful shop at www.phydeaux.etsy.com

1. I used to be a professional magician. My husband and I met as theatre majors in college and started performing together right away. After we graduated, we toured the country performing at colleges and universities. We got booked in South Florida at The Boca Raton Resort and Club and lived there for almost a year. In 1997, we got booked in Las Vegas at Casears Palace. We headlined there for over seven years and I also had a solo act during that time and performed in downtown Las Vegas. We moved back east to PA when our son was born in 2004 so that we could raise our kids near family. My husband still performs on cruise ships and at corporate events all around the country. Ta Da!

2. I love to read and have a library that is outgrowing it's space. I read every night before bed and try to find time for a least a few chapters during the day, if my current book selection is really great. My last book was "The Body of Christopher Creed" and I am currently reading "The Raw Shark Text." My sister is also an avid reader and I always rely on her suggestions. She hasn't steered me wrong yet!

3. We are expecting Baby Number Three! Our other kids (one boy and one girl) are very excited to be having a new baby in the house soon. I'm due July 19th and have been busy digging out all my old maternity clothes.

4. I have personally met and made friends with an elephant, a tiger and a chimpanzee. We performed with the tiger and the chimp in Vegas and rode the elephant a number of times as Grand Marshalls of the circus. I dreamed of being a vet to exotic or domestic animals as a little girl, so making these friends was a pretty big deal!

5. I never thought I'd be an artist and photographer. It was always a dream but I NEVER thought it would actually happen. Being a mom and wanting to be able to stay home with the kids but still have a creative outlet is what made it all become a reality for me.

6. I haven't taken down my Christmas decorations yet... not out of lingering holiday spirit but out of laziness.

7. Etsy, for me, is a family affair. My sister introduced me to it and she has a lovely shop, stocked full of beautiful hangbags that she designs and makes herself. Her shop is www.penelopeparker.etsy.com.

My mom has a shop at www.glenebenstudios.etsy.com and offers some really amazing Santas and primitive dolls.

And, finally, my son opened a shop and sells "Flower People," pins, hairclips and magnets that he makes. He hand molds each face, paints and texturizes each one. He picks out the flowers and combinations and only gets help with the gluing. He is currently sold out but working on new items. He was the hit of every holiday show that we went to and thinks himself quite the little businessman! Please visit his shop at www.fromthemindofjack.etsy.com!


Well, there are my Seven Random Facts and let me just say that it was hard (but fun!) to think of seven interesting things! Thanks for including me, Brenda! :)

No comments: